shh...they are elders

I was a little child
When that elder ones
Were beating a kind man
I tried to stop them
But my dad said
"Shhh.. they are your elders"

I was of 12
When my elder schoolmates
Were irritating an innocent girl
I told to my teachers
And they said "Shhh..don't tell anyone"
For their school's reputation

I was of 15
When my grandpa did something
I was angry on him
And stepped forward to fight
But my mom stopped me saying,
"Shhh.. respect your elders, go and apolozise"

I was of 17
When a relative touched me
I raised my voice again
And everyone said
"Keep shame in your eyes, they are elders
Whatever they do is alright"

Now, when everyone using me
Killing me hardly from inside
How will I break the silence
When I know my voice will left unheard
Cause they think I'm lying
Since they're elders, and Me?
Am I a child?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One more sleepless night

jail of feelings

First day baby bird